Three Cheese Chicken Cacciatore Manicotti
- 1 8 oz box manicotti
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 26 oz. marinara sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray. Cook manicotti 9 minutes, rinse with cold water and drain.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, tomato, green pepper and garlic; cook 5 minutes until vegetables are soft.
In large bowl, mix vegetables, chicken, mozzarella, ricotta, egg, 1/2 cup parmesan, basil, salt and pepper until blended. Fill each manicotti with about 1/2 cup mixture.
Pour 1/2 of marinara sauce in prepared pan. Arrange manicotti over sauce and top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until heated through and sauce is bubbling.