- Cilantro Mashed Potatoes with Butter Pancetta
- 4 baking potatoes, peeled and cut into Y, inch dice
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 Y, tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces pancetta (try Fiorucci Pancetta with wine and pepper), cut into small strip~
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Table salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped cilantro
1. Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until fork tender, 12-15 minutes. Drain well.
2. While the potatoes are cooking, heat the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-higl the pancetta and cook for 5-6 minutes or until just crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and ~ on paper towel.
3. In a bowl mash the potatoes and stir in the buttermilk and butter. Season to taste with sa pepper.
4. Serve immediately topped with the chopped cilantro and reserved pancetta