Spicy Indian chickpeas and Cucumber yogurt salad
Haven't tried this yet, but it looks like a nice vegetarian option.
- For chickpeas:
- 2 1/2 tbsp veg. oil
- 1 med. onion finely chopped
- 8 minced garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp grd cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp grd coriander
- 1/2 tsp grd cloves
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3-15 oz cans chickpeas, drained, 1 cup liquid reserved
- 1 large tomato wedged, for garnish
- 3 hot fresh green chilies, sliced, for garnish
- For yogurt:
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp toasted cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- pinch cayenne
1. Heat oil in skillet, add garlic, onion and ginger. Saute 5-6 min.
2. Add spices to onion mix and stir 1-2 min., then add tomato paste and cook another few.
3. Add chickpeas plus reserved cup of liquid. Stir and cook, covered, 8 min. then with cover removed for 2 more. Season with salt.
4. Combine yogurt ingredients and serve with chickpeas and naan bread.
You'll also love
- Cajun Fried Turkey 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Crawfish Pie on Puff Pastry Shell 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Creamed Spinach 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Paula Dean's Scalloped Potatoes 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Agua Fresca de Pepino (cucumber... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Chili's Black Bean Soup 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- African Chickpea and Spinach Soup 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Sweet and Sour Cucumber Salad 4/5 (1 Votes)