guacamole open club sandwich
- 6 slices Russian rye bread
- Softened butter
- 3 cups finely shredded lettuce
- 3 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Sandwich Mix
- 1 cup creamy, thick Blue cheese salad dressing
- 12 slices crisply cooked bacon
- 12 pitted ripe olives
- Water cress sprigs, if desired
- Spread butter on bread and place on serving plates.
- Cover each bread slice with 1/2 cup shredded lettuce.
- Place 3 or 4 tomato slices on lettuce.
- Cover each sandwich with 1/3 cup Sandwich Mix, spreading lightly.
- Pour dressing diagonally across sandwich in both directions.
- Place 2 olives in center of each sandwich.
- Place 2 bacon strips diagonally alongside olives, one on either
- Serve, open face, with watercress sprigs, if desired.
2 cups (2 medium) finely diced ripe avocado
1/4 cup finely chopped green onion with tops
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Mix together, avocados, green onions, lemon juice, salt, pepper and
garlic salt. Let stand at room temperature for 15-minutes.
Makes about 2 cups.