Pistachio Crusted Rack of Lamb
- For the crust:
- 2 fully trimmed racks of lamb (just under 1 1/2 pounds each)
- 1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence, or dried Italian herb blend
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil or olive oil for searing
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup finely chopped roasted pistachios
- 2 tablespoon plain bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- pinch of salt and fresh ground black pepper
Preheat oven 400F
Prep Lamb - Cutting off extra fat and pre-notch between bones (about 1/2 inch) Season generously with salt, pepper, and dry seasoning.
Mix nuts, crumbs, oil, and butter to make topping.
Sear lamb on a hot pan, about 1 minute each side and place on a foiled baking pan
Coat top and sides of lamb with mustard. Then smear topping along lamb. Cleanup any topping that fell on the pan or else it will burn.
Cook lamb 20 minutes until internal temp reaches 120F. Let lamb rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes before serving.