- 4 medium tart apple (I used Granny Smith), peeled, cored and sliced very thin
- juice of 1-2 lemons
- 1 jar caramel sauce (or melt together 36 caramels and 1 Tbsp. water in microwave)
- 30 large marshmallows
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/3 cup miniature chocolate chips
After slicing the apples, immediately dip them in lemon juice (or give them a good sprinkle) so that they do not brown. Set aside.
In a large saucepan, melt marshmallows and butter over medium heat, stirring frequently. Remove and set aside.
Arrange apple slices on a large platter. Drizzle with caramel, and then with the melted marshmallow mixture. Sprinkle with peanuts and chocolate chips. Serve immediately while the caramel is still warm.
Other fun toppings for these might include:
* Heath Bar (toffee) chocolate chips
* shredded coconut
* crushed pretzels
* melted peanut butter and chocolate mixture