Fried Chinese Rice
- 2 slightly beaten eggs
- salt and ground pepper
- 1 medium white onion
- 4 green onions
- 8 ounces of ham
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil (for step 1)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil (for step 2)
- 4 cups pre-cooked and refrigerated long grain rice
- 1.5 ounces of frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 8 ounces cooked shrimp
1. Add salt and pepper to the eggs. Chop the onion in 8 parts and dice. Make small slices of ham and dice. Heat the peanut oil in a wok or pan at medium heat. Add the eggs while progressively bringing the cooked parts of the egg in the middle of the wok. Once all cooked, broil the eggs with a spatula. Take out of the wok or pan and leave aside.
2. Heat up over medium-high heat the second tablespoon of peanut oil. Make sure that it is spread and covers the bottom and lower sides of the wok or pan. Add the diced onion and cook until it becomes transparent. Stir in the ham for about 1 minute. Incorporate the pre-cooked rice and sauté for 3 minutes in order to heat it. Add in the eggs, Soya sauce, green onions and shrimps. Reduce the heat to medium. Stir the rice mixture until everything is warm and ready to serve.