Chili Rubbed Pork with Apricot Glaze
Delicious way to cook pork tenderloin.. you can grill or roast this chili rubbed pork tenderloin with a sweet apricot glaze!
- SPICE RUB:
- 2 (1-pound each) pork tenderloins, fat trimmed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups apricot jam or jelly
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 2 small limes, juiced
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 170mins
Combine chili powder, garlic powder, sugar, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub the spice mixture on the pork tenderloins. Cover the tenderloins and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours.
Prior to grilling or roasting, melt the apricot jam in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the remaining glaze ingredients. Place half of the glaze in a serving bowl and set aside to serve with the pork tenderloins later.
Grilling Instructions: Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Grill the pork tenderloins for 15-20 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 160°F. When approximately 4 minutes of cook time remains, brush the pork tenderloins with the apricot glaze remaining in the pan. Cook for 2 minutes, turn the pork tenderloins and brush glaze on other side. Cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove pork from the grill, tent with foil and let it rest for about 5 minutes before slicing.
Roasting Instructions: Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place the pork tenderloins in a lightly greased, foil-lined 9X13-inch pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Brush with the apricot glaze remaining in the pan. Bake for 15 more minutes. Again, brush with glaze. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until the pork reaches 160°F internally. Remove the pork from the oven, tent with foil and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Note: This recipe requires marinating time (between 2 and 24 hours) so plan ahead!
You'll also love
- Easter Jello Eggs 4.5/5 (44 Votes)
- Creamy Pea Salad with Bacon 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Crock Pot Swiss Chicken 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Polish Sausage Sauerkraut &... 3.9/5 (113 Votes)
- Pick Up Stix House Special Chicken... 3.9/5 (109 Votes)
- Mini Wild Blueberry Cream Pies 4.4/5 (51 Votes)
- Fresh Strawberry Sauce 4.4/5 (51 Votes)
- Creamy Carbonara with Bacon 4.5/5 (43 Votes)