Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
- 6 oz elbow macaroni
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 to 4 oz blue cheese crumbled
- 1 cup half and half or light cream
- 1/8 tsp pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350. In a large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, turning once. Drain bacon on paper towels, crumble. Reserve bacon drippings in skillet.
2. Cook onion in reserved drippings for 5 to 8 minutes until onion is tender and golden brown. Set aside.
3. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and place in 1 1/2 quart casserole. Add the crumbled bacon, onions, 1 1/2 cups of mozzarrella cheese, the blue cheese, half and half and peppers. Toss gently to combine.
4. Bake uncovered 20 minutes. Stir gently. Top with remaining mozz cheese. Bake 10 minutes more until top is brown and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes.