- 4 6-oz halibut fillets, skin removed
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 bunch thyme, leaves chopped
- 1/2 bunch chives, minced
- 4 sprigs flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 heaping cup instant mashed potato flakes
- 1 egg beaten with 1 Tbs water
- Extra virgin olive oil
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Season fish fillets with salt. Combine the herbs and the potato flakes in a shallow dish. Dip the flesh-side of each fillet into the egg wash and then press them into the herb & potato flake mixture. Put on a sheet tray with the crusted side up.
Coat a large saute pan with olive oil and heat it over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot but not smoking, add the fish, crusted side down. When the crust has become golden and crispy, flip them over and transfer the fish to a baking sheet lined with a cooling rack and put in the preheated oven for 5 to 6 minutes.