Root Vegetable Stew
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 pounds assorted root veggies peeled and diced
- (beets, carrots, parsnips, celeriac, rutabaga, turnips)
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped sage or rosemary
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 3 cups of chopped dark greens
- (beet greens, kale, turnip greens)
- 6 of any kind of lower calorie biscuits (for dipping)
If using parsnips, quarter lengthwise and remove woody core before dicing. Heat olive oil over medium heat. Cook onion until barely tender, about 4 min. Add root veggies and cook for 5 min. Add garlic and sage (or rosemary) about 30 seconds. Add broth and bring to a simmer, stirring often.
Once stew reaches simmer stir in greens, cover and return to a simmer. Let it simmer for another 10 min.
Serve with biscuits.