Spiced Mocha Chocolate Cookies
Spiced mocha chocolate cookies are great with a spiced mocha latte! The two together are a perfect pair to make you day great!
- 1 (16.5 ounce)roll refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
- 1/4 cup sweet orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper, cayenne
- 24 chocolate covered espresso beans
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 10 minutes to soften. Meanwhile, heat oven to 350°Fahrenheit.
In large bowl, break up cookie dough; add marmalade and pecans. In small bowl, mix flour, 1/4 cup cocoa, coffee granules, cinnamon, cloves, allspice and red pepper; stir into dough mixture with wooden spoon until well blended.
Shape dough into 24 (about 1 1/2-inch) balls. On ungreased large cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart. Gently press 1 espresso bean into center of each cookie.
Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until tops are cracked and edges are set. Let stand on cookie sheet 1 minute; remove to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
In small bowl, mix powdered sugar, milk and 1 tablespoon cocoa until smooth and well blended; drizzle over cookies. Let stand about 15 minutes until set.