CLAM CHOWDER ( Steve Vandergriff )
- 1 ) 1 medium onion
- 2 ) 1 stick of Land-O-Lakes butter
- 3 ) 2 cans Campbell's New England Clam Chowder
- 4 ) 3 cans Campbell's Cream of Potato
- 5 ) 1 quart half and half
- 6 ) 2 (6.5 oz.) cans of minced clams
In skillet saute onions, chopped to desired size with butter. Cook onions until soft. When onions are done, add drained clams. Cook only enough to warm the clams. The clams will become chewy if they are overcooked. Combine all canned soup and half-and-half in a large pot while onions are cooking. Stir the soup occasionally so the half-and-half will not scald on the bottom on the pan. Add the clams and onion mix to the soup mix when the clams are warm. Continue to heat and stir as needed. This soup sticks and burns on the bottom of the pan easily.