Sweet Potato & Sausage Soup
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 onion, diced (I used red onion)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbs pepper taste
- 1 lb Mild Italian Sausage
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- 3 cups Water
- 1 cup pasta, rotini
- Parmesan cheese for serving
Adapted from food-ramblings.com
In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
Add the onion and garlic, and cook for about 5 minutes.
Add the sausage to the pot, breaking it up with a spoon; cook until browned about 5 minutes.
Add salt and pepper.
Add the sweet potatoes, celery, carrots, red pepper, broth, and water.
Bring to a boil.
Add the pasta and cook for 3 minutes less than package instructions.
Reduce to a simmer.
With serving, sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
You'll also love
- Homemade Macaroni & Cheese 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Curried Pumpkin Carrot Soup 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- MAPLE PEAR PIE IN SKILLET 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Classic Pumpkin Pie 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Birria de Res 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Pork tenderloin with pear & blue... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Grilled Sausage with Tuscan Beans 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Chicken Nuggets with Crispy Potato... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)