Grilled Corn & Tomato Sweet Onion Salad
Prep time about 20 mnutes
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ears corn, grilled in the husk, kernels removed
- 1 sweet onion (such as Vidalia or Walla Walla), halved and
- thinly sliced
- 1 pint Sweet 100 tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ozs. blue cheese, crumbled or ** gorgonzola
- Fresh basil sprigs for garnish
Combine the vinegar, basil, sugar and 1/2 tsp of salt,
1/4 tsp pepper and oil in a blender and blend until smooth. Can be made 2 hours in advance and refrigerated. Bring to room temperature before using.
Combine the corn kernels, onion and tomato in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat, seas with s&p. Let sit at room temp 30 minutes before serving. Top with crumbled blue cheese and garnish with basil sprigs just before serving.
Salad can be made 1 day in advance ad served cold or at room temp.
**(add 1 Tbls gorgonzola to dressing in blender)