Bourbon Braised Collard Greens
- 3 large bundles of collard greens well washed
- 4 slices of bacon chopped
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic peeled and smashed
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup bourbon whiskey
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 16mins
Remove Stems from green and discard
In a large pot over medium heat, add bacon, onion, and garlic. Render bacon until crisp and onion is tender. About 6 minutes
Stir in brown sugar, vinegar, broth, and bourbon. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and stir in collard green in batches.
Cover and cook on low for 1 1/2hours until tender and soft.