Prime Rib Roast with Red Wine
This makes the prime rib so incredible tasting that everyone will have second or third helpings!
- 1 prime rib roast, about 6 to 8 lbs
- 1/2 cup red wine, such as Cabernet Sauvignon or Pinot Noir
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning blend
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- freshly ground black pepper and salt
Preheat over to 400F.
Poke several holes in the top of the roast with a carving fork; put the roast in a large food storage bag or bowl. Combine wine, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, seasoning blend and brown sugar. Pour the wine mixture over the roast, seal the bag and turn several times to coat thoroughly. Refridgerate 2 to 4 (or more!) hours.
Put roast on a rack in a large shallow pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover tightly with foil and roast for 45 minutes. Reduce heat to 325F abd remove the foil. Continue roasting to 155F for medium rare, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours longer. Remove from pan and cover loosely with foil; let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff 4.5/5 (280 Votes)