Cherry-Glazed Black Bottom Cheesecake
- 18 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 4 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 pkg. (4 oz. each) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate (6 oz.), broken into pieces, melted, cooled slightly
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups pitted frozen cherries
- 1 tsp. Mexican cinnamon (canela)
Adapted from kraftrecipes.com
Preheat oven to 325ºF.
MIX cookie crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
BEAT cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed after each just until blended. Reserve 3 cups batter. Add melted chocolate to remaining batter; mix well. Pour over crust. Carefully spoon reserved batter over chocolate batter.
BAKE 1 hour 5 min. or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate 4 hours.
MEANWHILE, mix cornstarch and water in medium saucepan. Stir in remaining sugar. Add cherries; stir. Bring to boil on medium-high heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir on medium heat 2 min. or until sugar is dissolved and sauce is thickened. Stir in cinnamon. Cool completely. Refrigerate until ready to spoon over cheesecake just before serving.
Variation: Substitute 1 (21 ounce) can Comstock Premium Fruit Dark Sweet Cherry Pie Filling and Topping for the frozen cherry topping.