Best Ever Cheesecake
- 1 3/4 cup finely crushed graham crackers
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 , 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp finely shredded lemon peel (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375F. For the crust, in a medium bowl combine graham crackers, walnuts, the 1 tablespoon sugar, and cinnamon. Stir in melted butter. If desired, set aside 1/4 cup of the crumb mixture for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom and about 2 inches up side of an 9 or 9 inch sprinform pan; set aside.
2. For filling, in a large mixing bowl combine cream cheese, the 1 cup sguar, the flour, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Beat in milk until smooth. Stir in eggs and if desired, lemon peel. Pour filling into crust lined pan. If desired, sprinkle with the reserved crumbs. Place on a shallow baking pan in oven. Bake for 40-45 minutes for the 8 inch pan, about 35 minutes for the 9 inch pan or until a 2 1/2 inch area around the outsid edge appears set when gently shaken.
3. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a small sharp knife, loosen the crust from side of pan; cool 30 minutes more. Remove side of the pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours before serving. If desired, top with fresh strawberries. Makes 12-16 servings.