Crab Poblano Soup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 fresh poblano chile peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped red sweet pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/4 t. ground black pepper
- 1 14-ounce can chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 6 ounces asadero, fontina, or provolone cheese, shredded (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 6.5 ounce can lump crabmeat, drained
- Purchased salsa
1. In a saucepan, melt butter. Add chile peppers, sweet pepper, onion, and garlic; cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in flour, salt, and black pepper. Add broth all at once, stirring to combine. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute more.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in milk and cheese. Cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes more or until cheese melts. Stir in crabmeat; heat through. Top each serving with salsa.