Curried Chicken Boats
- 4 Chicken Breasts (3 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, cut in 1 " pieces
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 6 whole back pepper corns
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chutney
- 1/2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 small pkg. toasted, slivered almonds
- 1 small fresh pineapple (or one can drained tidbits)
- 4 large ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons italian dressing
In large saucepan combine chicken, onion celery, salt, peppercorns, bay leaf and 4 cups of water. Bring to boil, reduce heat, simmer 30 minutes or until chicken is tender. Remove from heat, let chicken cool in broth one hour. Remove skin and debone chicken, then refrigerate, covered, two hours or overnight.
In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, heavy cream, chutney, curry and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cut chicken in cubes, fold into dressing with sliced celery, green onion and almonds. Cover, refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
Before serving, pare and core pineapple. Cut into small cubes, and fold into chicken mixture (or add canned pineapple tidbits). Cut avocados in half lengthwise, twist and remove its and peel. Brush with italian dressing. Fill with chicken salad and place on lettuce lined plates.