- Combine the following together in medium bow, then add to crouton mixture:
- 1 lb Pork Sausage Sauté sausage in large skillet, crumble. Transfer to large bowl.
- 1 C Butter, 3 C Chopped Onion Discard fat in pan, add butter, onions and celery to skillet, sauté 2C Chopped Celery until slightly crunchy, then add to sausage.
- 6 C Croutons Add croutons to sausage mixture in large bowl
- 1 can water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 tsp Allspice, ground
- 1 C dried cherries or cranberries
- 1 Tbl Thyme, fresh, chopped (1/2 tsp dry)
- 2 C pecans, toasted & chopped
- 2 Tbl Parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1 C mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbl Sage, fresh, chopped
- 1 Apple, chopped
- 1/4 C Maple Syrup
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 C chicken broth
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 1 Stick Butter
Preheat oven to 350
In a large bowl:
Saute sausage in large skillet, crumble.
Discard fat in an, add butter, onions and celery to skillet and saute until slightly crunchy, then add to sausage.
In medium bowl:
Combine rest of ingredients except 1 stick of butter, add to mixture. Should be moist but not soggy. Add more stock if needed.
Combine with sausage mixture.
Transfer stuffing to baking dish and dot with butter.
Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for 20 minutes more or until top is golden. Douse with turkey drippings right before serving.