Fudge Cakes, Molten
- 5 ounces semisweet or bittersweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 10 tbls butter or margarine
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1-1/2 cups plus 1 tsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 21 oz can cherry pie filling
1. Heat oven to 450ºF. Grease bottom and side of six
6-ounce custard cups with shortening. In 2-quart
saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat,
stirring frequently. Cool slightly.
2. Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat eggs and egg yolks
with wire whisk or hand beater until well blended.
Beat in 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar. Beat in melted
chocolate mixture and flour. Divide batter evenly
among custard cups.
3. Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until sides are set and
cakes feel soft when touched in center. Run small
knife or metal spatula along sides of cakes to
loosen. Immediately turn upside down onto
individual plates; remove cups. Sprinkle with
1 tsp powdered sugar. Top with pie filling.