Mushroom and Sausage Ragu with Polenta
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 ounces turkey Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes undrained
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 c uncooked polenta
- 4 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1 tbsp butter
1. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 1/2 tsps oil to pan; swirl to coat. Remove sausage from casings and add to pan. Saute' until browned. Remove sausage from pan.
2. Add 1 tbsp oil to pan. Add onion; saute' stirring occassionally. Add mushrooms. Saute'. Add garlic; saute' 1 minute stirring constantly. Stir in sausage, salt and tomatoes. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Bring broth and 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add polenta, stirring well. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 20 minutes or until thick. Stir in cheese and butter. Serve with sausage mixture.