Roasted Vegetable Pasta
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 medium yellow squash, diced
- 12 ounces frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and halved
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 8 ripe Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound fusilli
- Grated parmesan cheese, for garnish
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 40mins
Preheat the oven to 425. Toss the zucchini, squash and artichoke hearts with the olive oil on a baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Roast until tender, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add
the garlic, celery, onion and carrot and cook until the vegetables are slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and basil, season with salt and pepper and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes. Add the vodka and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Puree the sauce with a blender, then add the heavy cream and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the fusilli and cook as the label directs. Drain and transfer to the skillet with the sauce. Add the roasted vegetables and toss. Garnish with more basil and parmesan.