- 1 pound loaf rustic Italian bread such as Pugliese
- 1 cup finely grated pecorino cheese
- 2 garlic cloves put through a garlic press
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian herbs
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon fine sea salt
1.The day before you plan to make breadcrumbs: Slice the bread into ½ inch slices. Place slices on cake racks to dry overnight.
2.In batches, crumble or tear bread slices into the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Pulse the bread multiple times until the crumbs are about the size of a dime.
3.Add the cheese, garlic, herbs and salt and continue to pulse until the breadcrumbs become fine. Store what you are not using in the freezer or in your refrigerator for 3-4 days.