Garlic Cheese Biscuits
- 1-1/4 cups biscuit mix (I use regular Bisquick; It wasn’t as good with Heart-Healthy Bisquick)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated sharp cheddar
- 1/2 cup water
- For the Garlic Butter
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp dried parsley flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine the biscuit mix and cheese in a small bowl.
3. Add the water and stir just until combined. The dough will be slightly moist.
4. Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake for about 10 minutes, until the biscuits are firm and beginning to brown.
6. While the biscuits are baking, make the garlic butter: In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic powder, salt, and parsley flakes. Mix well.
7. As soon as you bring the biscuits from the oven, brush them with half of the garlic butter using a pastry brush.
8. Place them back into the oven for an additional 2 minutes to finish obtaining a crispy golden color. Remove them from the oven and re-brush them with the remaining garlic butter. (You'll think you made too much garlic butter, but these biscuits just soak up the butter. We brush it once, and then re-brush it with more butter since the bread soaks it up so quickly.)
Yield: 6-7 biscuits