- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Thai chili sauce
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole baby corn, drained
- Hot cooked angel hair pasta, optional
In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, peanut butter and
chili sauce until smooth; set aside.
In a large skillet, saute scallops in 1 tablespoon oil for 2-3
minutes on each side or until opaque. Remove with a slotted spoon
and keep warm.
In the same pan, saute the onion, red pepper and cashews in remaining
oil for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add
garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and
stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add scallops and corn; heat
through. Serve over pasta if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup (calculated without pasta) equals 307 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 765 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein.