The outcome? Let's just say that I had to make another batch the next morning because we (and yes, my daughter is included in this "we"!) scarfed them all down the night I made them!
- 1 cup zucchini, grated (for me this was one zucchini, about 7 inches in length)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 of an onion, diced
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
Adapted from 3.bp.blogspot.com
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Grease a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Grate the zucchini into a clean dish towel. Wring all of the excess water out of the zucchini that you can (it won't be much, but every little bit counts).
3. In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
4. Fill each muffin section to the top, pushing down on the filling with your spoon so it's nice and compacted (otherwise they'll fall apart more when you try to take them out of the tin).
5. Bake for 15-18 minutes in preheated oven. The top will be starting to golden. To easily remove from the pan (without scratching it to death), run a plastic knife around the edges of each tot and they should come right out.