Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin
- 3cups3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2teaspoon2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2teaspoon2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 1/2teaspoon1 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4teaspoons4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8teaspoon1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons chocolate powder
- 1/4cup1/4 cup dark molasses
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon baking soda
- 44 eggs
- 2cups2 cups sugar
- 2cups2 cups pumpkin
- 1 1/4cups1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 8ounces8 ounces cream cheese
- chopped pumpkin seeds (optional) or walnuts (optional) or pecans (optional)
Adapted from secretrecipeworld.com
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Put the entire brick of cream cheese on a piece of wax paper or parchment paper and shape it into a long log.
3. Put it in the freezer while you mix and fill the pans, up to an hour.
4. Unwrap and cut with a sharp knife so each cream cheese disk equals 1-2 teaspoons. If the cream cheese disks are too big around, cut thick slices and then cut them in half. This lets you push it down into the batter easier.
5. Mix all ingredients together (except cream cheese and nuts).
6. Fill muffin tins (greased or paper cups) half full.
7. Put cream cheese disc in the middle, pressing down.
8. Sprinkle with 1 tsp chopped nuts.
9. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean from the muffin part.
10. Let cool in pans for 5 minutes, then remove to racks to cool completely.