Ruby Red Grapefruit Cake
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 banana, smashed
- 12 oz sour cream
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup each ruby red grapefruit juice and orange juice
- 2 TB orange zest
- 1 tsp grapefruit zest
- 1/4 cup grapefruit juice
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 TB each orange zest and grapefruit zest
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350.
Beat eggs and sugar. Add banana, sour cream, and oil. Mix well. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients alternately with juices. Mix in zest until combined and smooth.
Spray a bundt pan with Pam. Pour batter in pan and bake for 35 to 45 minutes.
Prepare glaze by whisking juice and sugar until combined. If too thick add more juice one tablespoon at a time. Stir in zest and pecans.
When cake is done place it (still in the pan) on cooling rack. After 10 minutes unmold. Let cool at least 1 hour. Turn onto serving plate. Now poke small holes in cake. Pour glaze over cake.
You'll also love
- Apple Stuffed Chicken Breast 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Prosciutto, Pear, and Blue Cheese... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Red Lentil Soup with Lemon 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Lemony Herbed Asparagus 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Grape Dumplings (Edd Tite) 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Creamy chicken with apples and... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Vietnamese Grapefruit And Jicama... 5/5 (1 Votes)