Chicken Leek Stew
this recipe is from Food & Wine. It gets 4 of 5 stars and is delicious. Easy to make. March issue 2011.
- 2 tbs evoo
- 2 medium leeks, white & tender green parts thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb. cremini mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 lb chix breasts boneless, cut into 2" pcs.
- Flour- dusting chix
- 1 1/2 c chix stock
- 1 tbs chopped thyme
- 2 tbs sour cream
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 55mins
1.In a skillet; heat 1 tbs evoo. Add leeks and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened,7 minutes. Add mushrooms & season with S&P.
Cover & cook, stirring until mushrooms are tender, 4 mins. Scrape leeks and mushrooms onto a plate.
2. Season chix w/ S&P and dust w/flour, shaking off excess. Heat remaining 1 tbs of oil in skillet.
Add chix and cook over moderate heat until golden brown, 2 mins per side. Add chix stock and thyme & simmer over moderate heat until chix is just cooked through, about 1 min. Transfer chix to plate with veggies.
3. Simmer stock over moderately high heat until reduced by 1/2, 2 mins. Return chix and leeks & shrooms to the skillet & simmer over low heat until warmed through, 1 min.
4. In small bowl, blend sour cream, mustard and stir into stew. Remove skillet from heat. Season stew w/ S&P, serve. Good w/ rice.