Hungry Girl's Chicken Chipotle Panini
- 1 1/2 tbsp. fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. adobo sauce (from canned chipotle peppers) or chipotle hot sauce (like the kind by Tabasco)
- 2 dashes onion powder
- 2 dashes garlic powder
- One 100-calorie flat sandwich bun (like Arnold Select/Oroweat Sandwich Thins)
- 2 oz. cooked skinless lean chicken breast, shredded or pulled into pieces
- 1 tbsp. roughly chopped fresh basil
- 2 thin slices red onion
- 2 slices plum tomato
- 1 stick light string cheese, shredded or pulled into pieces
In a medium bowl, combine ingredients for the sauce and mix well. Set aside.
Split bun in half and lay the halves flat, split sides up. Evenly spread half of the sauce onto the bun halves, leaving half of the sauce in the bowl. Set aside.
To the bowl with the remaining sauce, add chicken and toss to coat. Set aside.
Evenly top one bun half with basil, onion, tomato, saucy chicken, and cheese. Place the other half on top, sauce side down.
Bring a grill pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Place sandwich in the pan. Using a spatula, press down gently but firmly to seal the sandwich. Grill until hot and lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side, flipping carefully and pressing down with the spatula to seal.