Cherry Cream French Toast with Agave–Almond Butter Drizzle
- 1/4 cup Tart Dried Cherries
- 1 Tbs. Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. Agave Nectar, divided
- 1/2 cup Vegan Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup Almond Butter
- 1 cup Vanilla Almond Milk*
- 1 Tbs. nutritional yeast
- 4 1/2-inch-thick slices country French bread
Place cherries, vanilla, and 1 tsp. agave nectar in bowl; stir in 1 Tbs. warm water. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes, or until cherries have plumped. Strain, reserve liquid, and crush cherries into a paste with fork or mortar and pestle. Stir in cream cheese. Set aside.
2. Stir almond butter into reserved cherry soaking juice for drizzle. Set aside.
3. Whisk together almond milk, nutritional yeast, and remaining 1 Tbs. agave nectar in bowl.
4. Toast bread 1 to 2 minutes in toaster, or until dried, but not toasted. Spread cream cheese mixture on 2 bread slices. Top with remaining bread slices. Dip each sandwich into almond milk mixture 2 seconds; flip, and dip other side 2 seconds.
5. Coat skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Cook sandwiches in pan 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until light brown. Cut each sandwich in half, and serve drizzled with almond butter–cherry juice mixture.
You'll also love
- Beef Stew Casserole 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- My Best Clam Chowder 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Spiced Pumpkin Butter 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Sour apple vodka cupcakes 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Apple and Cheddar Quiche 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Mini Cherry Pie Pockets with... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Broccoli Salad with Agave-Toasted... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Almond Butter Cookies #2 4.3/5 (7 Votes)