Triple Chocolate Petit Fours
Three types of chocolate, neatly stacked into fancy little morsels. Each successive nibble makes you feel more and more like royalty.
- 1/2 cup white chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped DOVE® Brand Dark Chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped DOVE® Brand Milk Chocolate, melted
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk, reduced fat
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1/2 cup chopped DOVE® Brand Dark Chocolate
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3/4 of a 10-ounce roll marzipan
- Confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- 1/2 cup white frosting, optional
- 1/2 cup chocolate frosting, optional
- 1/3 cup Triple M&M’S® Brand Premium Chocolate Candies
- 3 , 9-inch square cake pans
Place each variety of chocolate in a separate glass mixing bowls.
Microwave each bowl for approximately 30 seconds, or until chocolate melts. Set aside.
Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well with each addition. Alternately add small amounts flour mixture and buttermilk until completely incorporated. Finally stir in hot water.
Divide batter between mixing bowls with chocolate and stir. Transfer batters to separate prepared cake pans and bake in preheated 350°F oven for 20 minutes. Cool completely.
Spread apricot jam on top of each cake layer and stack them. Thinly roll marzipan on a sugar-dusted surface. Roll a 9x9 inch square and arrange it on the top cake layer. Cut cake in half.
Melt remaining ½ -cup of chocolate with heavy cream. Spread on top of one cake half and set aside to cool. Cut both cakes into 8x5 into 40 pieces. Decorate tops of petit fours with drizzles of white and chocolate icings and Triple Chocolate Premium M&M.
Tip to drizzle icing over petit fours: Spoon icing into resealable plastic bags and microwave for 15 seconds or until the consistency of heavy cream. Snip a corner and drizzle.
You'll also love
- Triple Chocolate Pudding 4/5 (1 Votes)