This rich and spicy soup brings a little Italian flair to your table.
- 2 packages (7 ounces each) sausage links
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 cup refrigerated tortellini
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
* In a 3-qt. saucepan, brown sausage; drain and cut into bite-size pieces.
* Return to pan; stir in the next nine ingredients.
* Bring to a boil.
* Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
* Add tortellini. Bring to a boil.
* Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until pasta is tender.
* Discard bay leaf.Yield:
8 servings (2 quarts).