Smoky Corn and Shrimp Soup
Salty, crispy bacon and smoked paprika flavor this creamy soup studded with sweet corn and briny shrimp. Arugula gives it color, but parsley or spinach will work as well.
- 4 ears fresh sweet corn
- 4 bacon slices
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 T flour
- 2 medium baking potatoes, chopped
- 5 C 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 C baby arugula or other peppery greens
Cut corn kernels from cob. Scrape cobs with back of knife to release milk. Set aside.
Cook bacon in large Dutch oven. Remove from pan, drain and crumble. Add onions, corn, salt, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper to bacon drippings. Saute 10 minutes.
Add flour, whisking well; cook 2 minutes. Add potatoes and milk. Cook until thick and creamy, about 10-15 minutes. Add shrimp and cook until pink. Stir in arugula. Serve with crumbled bacon.
You'll also love
- APPLE CIDER BRINE 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Sweet Potato & Pomegranate Salad 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Tuna pot pie 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Cucumber and Tomato Salad 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Shrimp; Curry-rubbed Grilled... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Low Carb Crab Cakes w/ Roasted Red... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Moroccan Cornish Game Hens 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Baked Shrimp Dip 4.5/5 (2 Votes)