Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, undrained and chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from taste of home.com
In a large saucepan, saute onions in oil until tender.
Stir in the roasted peppers, chilies, cumin, salt and coriander.
Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in potatoes and broth; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Stir in cilantro and lemon juice.
Cool slightly. In a blender, process the cream cheese and half of the soup until smooth.
Return all to pan and heat through.