This is a perfect coleslaw to make ahead, so the flavors have time to meld. Since there's no mayonnaise in it, it's great for a picnic.
- FOR THE SALAD, GRILL:
- 4 medium ears fresh corn
- 12 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 2 cups diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- FOR THE VINAIGRETTE, WHISK:
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons minced lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Preheat grill to medium-high. Brush grill grate with oil.
For the salad, grill corn, covered, turning often, until kernels begin to char, about 10 minutes. Cut the kernels from the cob.
Combine corn, cabbage, bell pepper, parsley, and 1/4 cup dill in a large bowl.
For the vinaigrette, whisk together lemon juice, zest, 2 Tablespoons dill, honey, garlic, and Dijon. Gradually whisk in oil; season with salt and black pepper.
Pour vinaigrette over cabbage, stirring to combine.