Classic Caesar Salad
- 7 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 to 6 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups croutons, made from firm textured bread
- 3 romaine hearts
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 large pasteurized egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
Combine oo and garlic in a small bowl; cover tightly and let stand 30 minutes to 1 hour.
preheat oven to 325F. Toss croutons with 3 tbsp garlic oil to coat. Spread in a spingle layer in a shallow baking pan. Bake about 10 minutes or just until the edes begin to color. Set aside to cool.
Carefully separate leaves of the romaine hearts; place in a large salad bowl. Drizzle lettuce with 2 tbsp garlic oil, salt, and pepper, toss well. Add another 2 tbsp garlic oil, lemon juice, yolks and worcetershire; toss gently. Sprinkle with cheese and croutons. Encourage guests to pick up leaves with their fingers. Serves 6.