Cranberry Walnut Coffeecake
- FOR CAKE:
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups (12 oz) sour cream
- 1 (16oz) can whole berry cranberry sauce, divided
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- FOR GLAZE:
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp warm water
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
To prepare the cake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a bundt pan or a 10 inch tube pan.
In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition. Beat in extract.
Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat about 1/4 of the dry ingredients into the butter mixture, then beat in 1/2 cup sour cream. Repeat until all of the dry ingredients and sour cream have been added.
Spoon 1/3 of the batter into the pan. Crumble 1/3 of the cranberry sauce over the batter. Repeat layers twice, ending with cranberry sauce. Sprinkle with walnut. Bake 1 hour or until cake is golden and sides are pulling away from the pan. Let cook in pan for 5 minutes, then remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack.
To prepare glaze: Stir together powdered sugar, warm water and almond extract until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Serve cake warm or cold.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (209 Votes)
- Raspberry Beignets with Vanilla... 4.6/5 (187 Votes)