Raspberry Orange Cornbread
- 1 navel orange
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup cornmeal (stone-ground is best)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
Adapted from newson6.com
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Coat an 8-inch-by-4 inch-loaf pan with cooking spray
2. Grate zest from ½ of the orange into a large bowl. Cut the orange in half and squeeze in all of the juice. Whisk in eggs, buttermilk, oil, sugar, brown sugar, and salt until blended. Scatter baking powder over the top, and let stand until foamy, about 3 minutes.
3. Stir together cornmeal, flour, and raspberries, and add them to the wet ingredients, stirring just until batter is almost free of lumps.
4. Spoon into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool on a rack.
TIP: Depending on the season, you can use blueberries or cranberries instead.
You'll also love
- Lentil Veggie Burgers 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Apple-Pear Pie 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- New England–Style Home-Corned... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Cauliflower 'Couscous' 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Blueberry and Corn Clafoutis 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Strawberry Mousse Dessert 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Teriyaki orange ginger chicken 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Baked Chicken Spring Rolls with... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)