Angel Hair with Prosciutto Basil Cream Sauce (Kristy Crawford)
- 12 Ounces Angel Hair Pasta
- 1 Cup Frozen Baby Peas
- 1 Can Evaporated Skim Milk (12 oz.)
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- 1 Clove of Garlic (minced)
- 4 Tablespoons Fresh Basil (snipped)
- 2 Ounces Prosciutto (chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parmesan Cheese (shredded)
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parmesan Cheese
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Tomato (chopped)
1. Cook pasta according to the package directions.
2. Meanwhile, stir together the milk and flour.
3. Sauté the prosciutto and garlic in a non-stick pan.
4. Add the milk to the mixture and snipped basil.
5. Cook and stir over medium heat till mixture is bubbly and thickened.
6. Cook and stir 1 minute more.
7. Add the thawed peas, prosciutto and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
8. Stir until the cheese is melted.
9. Add the tomatoes and cook for one minute more.
10. Top the pasta with sauce and sprinkle each serving with remaining Parmesan cheese and freshly ground pepper.