Broccoli Bites - Bennigan’s Copycat
- Honey Mustard Dressing:
- 3 eggs
- 6 ounces shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 6 ounces shredded Colby cheese
- 1 box (16 ounce size) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed, drained and dried
- 2 1/2 ounces bacon pieces
- 1/2 ounce diced yellow onion
- 1 ounce all-purpose flour
- Italian bread crumbs as needed
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice plus 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Adapted from replicarecipes.com
Drain thawed broccoli thoroughly by pressing through a strainer.
Beat eggs in a mixing bowl with a whisk until well blended.
Place all the ingredients into a plastic container, except the bread crumbs.
Stir together with a spatula until thoroughly combined.
Refrigerate mixture for about 1 hour.
This will help to bind the mix making preparation much easier.
Heat about 4 cups oil in a fryer or deep pan for frying at 350 degrees F.
Set up a shallow pan with bread crumbs.
Scoop about 1/2 ounce portion of the broccoli mixture into the bread crumbs.
Form each portion into a ball and coat it well.
Place broccoli bites into the fry basket or frying pan.
Make sure they do not stick together.
Fry for one minute, then remove and place onto a plate lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil.
Serve with Honey Mustard Dressing.
Honey Mustard Dressing:
In a mixing bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise and mustard.
Blend thoroughly using a whisk.
Slowly pour in the honey and lemon juice, continue mixing until smooth and well combined.