Mouy's Thai stir fried shrimp
- 1 cup basmati rice or sticky rice (we prefer regular ole white rice)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus wedges for serving
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound frozen large shrimp (peeled and deveined), thawed
- 1 bunch scallions, whites thinly sliced, green parts cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup or can of baby corn
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
Adapted from keyingredient.com
In a small pot, cook rice according to package instructions.
In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, lime juice, and sugar until sugar dissolves. In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high. Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until opaque throughout, about 3 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a medium bowl and return pan to heat.
Add another teaspoon of oil, scallion whites, bell pepper, and corn to pan.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until pepper is crisp-tender, about another 3 minutes.
Add soy sauce mixture and coconut milk, bring to a simmer, and cook 1 minute. Return shrimp to pan, add scallion greens, and cook until shrimp is heated through, about a minute.
Top with basil and serve with rice and lime wedges.