Spring Chicken Stew
Calories 619, Total Fat 19g, Saturated Fat 4g, Cholesterol 228mg, Sodium 819mg, Total Carbohydrate 55g, Dietary Fiber 6g, Protein 54g
Read more: Spring Chicken Stew Recipe - Woman's Day
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Kosher salt
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 stalks celery, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, roughly chopped, plus more for serving
- 1 cup frozen peas
Adapted from womansday.com
In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, whisk together the wine, flour, 1/2 cup water, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
Add the carrots, celery, onion, and chicken and toss to combine. Cook, covered, until the chicken is cooked through and easily pulls apart, 5 to 6 hours on low or 3 to 4 hours on high.
Twenty-five minutes before serving, prepare the noodles according to package directions. Reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid, drain the noodles, and return them to the pot. Add the oil, mustard, 2 tablespoons of the reserved water and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and toss to coat (adding more water if the pasta seems dry). Toss with the tarragon.
Gently fold the peas into the stew and cook, covered, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve over the noodles and sprinkle with additional tarragon, if desired.
You'll also love
- Vegan Apple Turnovers 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Cha Siu Bao (Chinese pork steamed... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Greek Lamb Pita with Tzatziki Sauce 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Souper Friday: Noodle Chicken Bowl 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Baked Brie 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- 7-Layer Pasta Salad 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Zesty Italian Tuna Casserole 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Balsamic-Glazed Grilled Chicken... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)