- 4 eggs, separated
- 4 Tbsp. water
- 4 Tbsp. oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup matzoh meal
1. Beat egg whites in a large bowl until stiff peaks form.
2. In a separate bowl, beat together the egg yolks and water with a fork.
3. In another bowl, mix the matzah meal with the spices.
4. Alternate gently folding egg yolk mixture and matzoh meal mixture into egg whites to form a light, firm dough.
5. Cover and chill for 1/2 hour.
6. Boil a pot of water. Add a bit of chicken soup mix.
7. Wet hands and form balls from the dough that are about the size of a walnut. Drop balls into boiling soup.
8. Cover the pot tightly and simmer on low for 1/2 hour. Don't uncover the pot while cooking as this can cause the balls to fall.
9. Matzah balls can be stored for two days in their cooking liquid in a covered container in refrigerator.
10. Reheat gently in their cooking liquid. Then strain and serve balls in hot soup.