White Bean and Sausage Cassoulet
Protein: 16 g
Carb: 40 g
Fiber: 10 g
Fat: 15 g
- 2 tsp oil
- 3 links (10 oz) Italian sausage
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 3 cans (15.5 oz each) beans, rinsed
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- Seasoned Crumb Topping
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cups coarse fresh bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp mozzarella cheese and chopped parsley
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 70mins
1. Heat oven to 375 F.
2. Heat oil in a 5 qt pot over medium heat. Brown sausages on all sides until cooked through, about 6 mins. Remove to plate.
3. In fat remaining in saucepan, saute carrots, celery, onion, and garlic until golden, about 5 mins.
4. Cut sausages into 1/4 inch thick slices. Add sausages, beans, tomatoes and their juices, water and thyme to saucepan. Simmer, covered, 30 mins or until heated through and flavors are blended.
4. TOPPING: Toss oil and garlic with bread crumbs, spread on prepared baking sheet. Bake 15 to 20 mins, tossing once, until toasted. Cool slightly, stir in mozzarella and parsley. Serve topping with cassoulet.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (886 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (890 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (706 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (676 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (497 Votes)
- Oven-Roasted Smoked Sausage &... 4.4/5 (419 Votes)
- Texas Trash Warm Bean Dip 4.5/5 (184 Votes)