Banana Muffins with White Chocolate
- 1 3/4 cups (225 grams) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (55 grams) light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) (65 grams) white chocolate chips or chunks
- 3 large ripe bananas (approximately 1 pound or 454 grams), mashed well (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Adapted from maplespice.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and place the oven rack in the middle of the oven.
Either line 12 muffin cups with paper liners, or you can butter or spray them with a non stick vegetable spray.
In a large bowl combine the flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and white chocolate chips.
In a medium-sized bowl combine the mashed bananas, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla.
With a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, lightly fold the wet ingredients (banana mixture) into the dry ingredients just until combined and the batter is thick and chunky.
(The important thing is not to over mix the batter. Over mixing the batter will yield tough, rubbery muffins.)
Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins.
Bake about 20 - 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Place on a wire rack to cool for five minutes and then remove muffins from pan. Serve warm or at room temperature