- 8 oz swiss chard
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tbs bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup crab, flaked
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 8 large eggs, room temperature, beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbs grated Parmesan cheese
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Brush ramekins or 11 x 7 baking dish with olive oil. Remove tough stems of chard, blanch leaves in boiling water. Drain well. Chop and set aside in bowl.
Heat oil in skillet on medium heat. Saute onion and red pepper for 5 minutes. Add chard, cook 2 minutes. Cool veggies in large bowl. Add bread crumbs, crab, grated jack and cheddar cheeses, eggs, salt and pepper. Mix. Pout into dish(es) and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes until golden brown.